Election Procedures 2022
The Board Development and Nominating Committee (BDNC) shall report its nominations to the annual Convention at the Business Session II. Additional nominations may be made from the floor if the requisite prior notice for such nominations has been received. Voting Program Directors and members of the Board Development and Nominating Committee (BDNC) shall be elected at that time if there is only one candidate for a position. If there is more than one candidate for a position, the election for that position shall be conducted via a third-party electronic voting company.
Association Voting Procedures
Illinois PTA has contracted with Association Voting to manage the electronic voting for the election of Illinois PTA Voting Program Directors and members of the Board Development and Nominating Committee (BDNC).
- All voting delegates must be submitted for credentials by 7:15 pm, March 29, 2022. The president of the local unit/council or the director of the district/region the delegate is representing is responsible for completing the credentialing process.
- All credentialed delegates must be a paid member of the local unit they are representing (if they are registering as a local unit delegate), or a paid member of a local unit within the boundaries of the council, district or region they are representing.
- Each credentialed delegate must register to attend the 2022 Illinois PTA Convention by 7:15 pm, March 29, 2022 and paid all required registration fees.
- Each credentialed delegate will receive an email containing:
- Instructions on the voting process;
- A unique link to the site to cast their votes; and
- A link to view candidate information.
- The polls will open on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 at 9:00 am.
- The polls will close on Tuesday, April 26, 2022 at 9:00 am.
- Elections results will be announced during the Virtual Convention Wrap-Up Thursday, April 28, 2022 at 7:00 pm.